Hours of Operation
OPEN: March 1 – October 31– 8:00 – 5:00
November 1 – December 23 – 8:00 – 4:00
CLOSED: Mondays & December 24 – March 1
The historic buildings are open from late spring through fall.
The Two Sisters Boutique is open (weather permitting) Saturdays and Sundays during May, June, September and October from 12:00 – 4:00 pm, or by appointment.
Hawthorn Hollow is located approximately 4 miles east of I-94, just west of Petrifying Springs on Green Bay Road (Highway 31) in the town of Somers.
Admission to Hawthorn Hollow is always free to the public.
However, as a nonprofit organization your donations are always gratefully accepted. Find out here how you can become a friend of Hawthorn Hollow.
Guided group tours are available for schools, scouts, nature clubs, etc. for a nominal fee.Reservations are required for all groups and organizations. The Nature Center, historic buildings and grounds are available to rent for meetings, classes, clubs, and wedding ceremonies.
Rates vary based upon dates, times, group size, and services requested. Contact us for more information.
Nature Sanctuary Etiquette
Please Help preserve this sanctuary by observing the following rules:
- Respect the solitude of others and the serene atmosphere, it is a place for the study andappreciation of nature.
- No active sports or games (biking, jogging, skiing, ball games, fishing, etc).
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove plants, seeds, flowers, leaves, or any other natural materials.
- For their safety, Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Walk on marked trails and mowed lawn only, and please refrain from climbing on trees and shrubs.
- Pets are not allowed. Sight-enabling guide dogs/animals are permitted.
- Picnicking is not allowed anywhere on the property. Visitors who wish to picnic may do so across the street at Petrified Springs County Park.
- Reservations are required for all groups/organizations.
Photography permits are required for all posed formal photography and video. Download the Guidelines here.